Wednesday 6 May 2015

A Tale of Two Leaders

Sidney Carton, in Dickens Tale of Two cities, when he took his friend's place to be guillotined uttered the immortal words,

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to than I have ever known."

The two leaders I had in mind , Farage would never do what Sidney Carton did but Clegg is partially there. Cleg is bursting a gut travelling the country for the sake of his beloved LibDems to the extent that he might well lose his own seat, Shefffield Hallam. If he loses his seat he loses his place as LibDem leader.

Farage on the other hand is now rarely seen far from Thanet, the constituency he wants to win. The difference is Farage is acting out of his usual self interest but Clegg is risking himself for his party. I don't like Clegg for shafting the students last time but he now seems to be making atonement and seeking redemption.

You won't get Farage doing the same for UKIP indeed with the assistance of Crowther he has all but destroyed UKIP's chances of winning a seat in the South West, a region where in my day they were the strongest region in the country, but now, under the useless belted Earl, they are a pushover for the LibDems, Tories etc.

1 comment:

Niall Warry said...

Very good point and placed on the BDF.