Saturday 27 October 2018

Cometh the hour,cometh the man

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geoffrey_Cox_(British_politician)

Mr Cox gave a very good speech at the last Tory conference.His maiden speech was also widely praised.A QC with a very lucrative practice which he  gave up to serve as Attorney General. He seems to have lots of common sense, very uncommon in the Oily Robbins/T May camp to whom he is not afraid to the speak truth.   If we had MPs like him doing our Brexit negotiations we would get a  very good deal.

The other Tory I find impressive is Nick Boles

https://www.conservatives.com/OurTeam/Members-of-Parliament/Boles-Nicholas

He also seems to  pass the Common Sense test, unusual  for a PPE man in my experience. He does seem to have some practical ideas on how to leave the EU, first Norway then Canada. A lot clearer than Chequers.

I prefer Cox.He seems more aware of the EU's dirty tricks with their backstop trap. I feel he is the man to get us out of the EU's clutches and the May/ Robbins slough of despond.

7 comments:

Niall Warry said...

Eric at last your mask has dropped and you are praising Nick Boles who is advocating Efta/EEA or the Norway Option and then onto a Canadian deal. Well he is half right but the Canadian deal bit won't work for two reasons.

First Efta would be unlikely to have us if they saw we had no desire to stay and work with the other four to create something better like working with UNECE in Geneva.

Second the Canada bit, if we got that far given my first point, would take a least seven years + to sort.

Further to the above Eric you have, up to now, insisted that you did NOT accept the Norway option as it tied us into the four freedoms.

So Eric have you lost your memory, had a road to Damascus conversion or something else???

Eric Edmond said...

Major, why do you read my blog?

Eric Edmond said...

I repeat my final paragraph below for the Majpr's benefit


I prefer Cox.He seems more aware of the EU's dirty tricks with their backstop trap. I feel he is the man to get us out of the EU's clutches and the May/ Robbins slough of despond.

Niall Warry said...

Eric,

Why I read your blog is easy to answer as i'm waiting to see when it is you will come to your senses :-)

OK, so you prefer Cox to Boles but you still praised the later did you not?

As to Cox what exactly is his plan for a smooth frictionless Brexit?

Eric Edmond said...

Friction less trade Brexit was not on the ballot paper. Again you fall into the establishment Heath trap Major. The vote was in or out of the EU

Niall Warry said...

And the EU has a political dimension, MEPs etc, and a trading side worth £270 billion to us in trade. By my reckoning leaving the EU means leaving the politics.

I would also be very grateful if you could please answer my question as to what plan is Cox offering as the solution to Brexit??

Mr Mister said...

You prefer Cox.

I understand Boles prefers Cox as well.